Information Required In Terms Of The Gauteng Liquor Act 2 Of 2003
||Information Required For Advertising Purposes
Applications for all new liquor licences are advertised in the Provinicial Gazette and two newspapers distributed in the area the licence is to be situated, as well as a notice being placed outside the premises one week prior to lodgement of the application, which lodgement date is always the first Friday of each Month.
In order to enable us to complete the advertisement for publication, the following information must be provided:
- Full name, identity number, residential and postal address of Applicant, if a (Pty) Ltd, C.C. or partnership, name, registration number, address of registered office and postal address.
- Full details of premises, i.e. shop no, name of building, street name & number and Lot number.
- Trading name of business.
- Magisterial district.
- Telephone numbers, private, business, fax & Cell number.
- Type of licence applied for.
- Names and nature of Educational institutions, names of and distances to similar licenced premises and places of worship within a radius of one (1) kilometer from the premises.
||Information Required For Application
In order to complete the application, the following information is required:
- If a (Pty) Ltd, C.C. or partnership, full details of shareholders, directors, members, partners i.e. full names I.D. no’s and addresses, plus no of shares held, and a copy of CK Documents or certificate of incorporation.
- Financial interest in the Liquor Trade in the Republic of South Africa of the applicant / members / shareholders / directors / partners.
- Financial interest in the business of the applicant / members / shareholders / directors / partners.
- Marital status of applicant / members / shareholders / directors / partners, and full name of spouse and I.D. number.
- Proof of ownership, or copy of lease agreement, or letter from landlord granting consent to occupy the premises.
- Plan of premises, showing the dimensions of each room, all doors, windows and counters, means of internal and external communication and layout of premises, and full details of finishes of the premises. I.e. décor, paintwork, ventilation, and construction material. Drawing must be to scale.
- A report of an inspector and reports of any inspection required by any law or by-law.
- A certificate of suitability on the person of the applicant and the application issued by South African Police Services.
- Proof of affiliation to a Gauteng Liquor Traders Association.
- Clearance certificate by the South African Revenue Services, that the applicant complies with the tax laws.
- Menu (If providing meals).
- 6 x Photographs of interior / exterior / and road leading to premises.
- Applications for tavern, pool club, pub, liquor store and night club liquor licences shall also be accompanied by unequivocal approval by the relevant departments of the relevant metropolitan or district council, in addition to any zoning or planning or environmental laws requirements.
Other information required will be obtained via email or telephonically.